[SOLVED] Only 1 Adressable RGB header Gen 2

Sep 7, 2022
Hi I'm Akshesh,
I'm confused and trying to figure out on internet/youtube for 5 days. If my motherboard Asus ROG strix B550-F which comes with Only 1 Adressable RGB header Gen 2 can handle my total 6 ARGB fans & 1 RGB strip lights.

So what is plus point I've, which I think is?

Since I've read many reviews and I was also very impressed with the design of Lian-li cases, I decided to buy Lian-li Lancool II Mesh C type Cabinet.
Point one, it comes with 3ARGB fans. It has "2 buttons C & M". I don't know anything about this. But I know it may help me to solve my problem. Which is s 6 Argb fans and only 1 Addressable header.

And the plus point which I think is, I've same brand fans from cooler. Which is AIO Lian Li Galahad 360 liquid cooler. And it has 3 ARGB fans as well. So now you know I've same brand 6 ARGB FANS both are stocks fans. No any Uni fans.
And another point is I've same brand & model strip LED light. Which is LIAN LI LANCOOL II-2X Side Diffused RGB LEDs Strip For LANCOOL II.

So I hope this information is enough for you. One additional thing I discovered is my cooler comes with a controller. Again I don't know how it will help me. But it might.

So all this 7 rgb/argb Product I want to control it with motherboard software. Because my Gen 2 Addressable header have capability to control all argb stuff individually. But other headers cannot. So I want to utilise it. Thank you!
I hope you can help me. I can only get help from you guys. Because there is no expert in my city who can help me. Even one time my pc wasn't booting. And the technician asked that from where he can access the PSU. I was like bruh.... So yeah.. And the seller who will provide me is also out of town. Very far😓 like I'm ordering from other city. Because no one is selling in my city.

Additional information notes which might help you
Motherboard headers
6x 4-Pin fans header
1 X 3-Pin Addressable Gen 2
2 RGB Header
2 x 4-Pin Aurosync RGB Headers
I think I don't need to buy any additional stuff to enable to sync with my motherboard. I've everything I'll need with the cabinet and the AIO. If it is the case if it is true please let me know. It would be perfect for me😊
Also I want to know exactly what/where I'll need to connect the cables with other splitters, hubs or controller. And also in which motherboard header I'll have to connect... Yeah😅 I'm confused about that as well.

Last edited:
Solution
So, your header can handle up to 3 amps. Those fans show as .35v each so for 7 devices you're looking at ~2.45 amps which is within specs.

Make sure that you don't use a three pin ARGB connector where a four pin RGB connector is meant to be used and conversely don't plug a four pin RGB connector into a three pin (Four pin spots but one will be missing) ARGB header or you will have a bad day.
Sep 7, 2022
Do your ARGB fans daisy chain? Not the fan part, the ARGB part.
Aio fans have controller, splitter. And splitter has 3 connectors to connect the fans. And 2 connector for motherboard argb header and one connects to pump block.
And the cabinet has 3 fans and 4 connectors. 1 for argb led strip for lian li. And 3 argb fans splitter. And ofcourse sata cable. Sata cable available in both. Cabinet and aio

I need to know the exact models because every fan has it's own specs as to what it will pull in amps for both RGB/ARGB and fan operation. To find that number, we need to know the fan models in use. ALL fan models if they are not all the exact same fan.

I mean, yeah, you can guess that will support it, but without at least some reasonable idea of how much they pull, you run the risk of burning out that header or maybe even the board.

Sep 7, 2022
I need to know the exact models because every fan has it's own specs as to what it will pull in amps for both RGB/ARGB and fan operation. To find that number, we need to know the fan models in use. ALL fan models if they are not all the exact same fan.

I mean, yeah, you can guess that will support it, but without at least some reasonable idea of how much they pull, you run the risk of burning out that header or maybe even the board.
Ok... I can give you the links.

https://www.amazon.com/Lian-Li-GA-360A-Galahad-Liquid/dp/B09MPYPHJB

https://www.amazon.com/Lian-Li-LANC...i+lancool+ii+mesh+c+type+ehute,aps,295&sr=8-1

Sep 7, 2022
Like they don't have any specific model name.

I'm going to check my cabinet fans. If it is written in there. Then I'll let you know.

Sep 7, 2022

Hi. I hope this helps
View: https://imgur.com/a/UrwQyIP

So, your header can handle up to 3 amps. Those fans show as .35v each so for 7 devices you're looking at ~2.45 amps which is within specs.

Make sure that you don't use a three pin ARGB connector where a four pin RGB connector is meant to be used and conversely don't plug a four pin RGB connector into a three pin (Four pin spots but one will be missing) ARGB header or you will have a bad day.

Solution
Sep 7, 2022

Alright man... Thanks! I was scared before. And really thanks for your time and efforts. I really appreciate 😊 I'll update once I connect everything.