[SOLVED] Only 1 fan header on mobo

Jul 22, 2021
Hi guys,

I built a fresh new pc and sadly enough my motherboard only comes with 1 CPU fan header and 1 case fan header. However, my case that I bought comes with 3 pre-installed rgb fans that hook up to a weird small box on the backside of my case. I currently only have 1 exhaust fan running which is at my rear and itÈs already bad enough that my front and side is tempered glass.

I have a 4 pin case fan header on my motherboard but the connector on my 3 rgb fans is a weird 2 pin split off from a weird 4 pin.

The motherboard is Gigabyte DS3H - V2.

Can someone guide me in the direction to install the 3 fansÉ If I have to take out the exhaust fan for 3 intake fans in the front I think thatès better then having 1 exhaust fan only.

Thanks.

Solution
You will need one of these. It will allow you to run all your case fans off one header, and gets supplemental SATA power, to avoid overloading the fan header.

You may need this too.

https://smile.amazon.com/ThreeBulls-Splitter-Computer-Extension-Converter/dp/B07M5P7VHH
Hi guys,

I built a fresh new pc and sadly enough my motherboard only comes with 1 CPU fan header and 1 case fan header. However, my case that I bought comes with 3 pre-installed rgb fans that hook up to a weird small box on the backside of my case. I currently only have 1 exhaust fan running which is at my rear and itÈs already bad enough that my front and side is tempered glass.

I have a 4 pin case fan header on my motherboard but the connector on my 3 rgb fans is a weird 2 pin split off from a weird 4 pin.

The motherboard is Gigabyte DS3H - V2.

Can someone guide me in the direction to install the 3 fansÉ If I have to take out the exhaust fan for 3 intake fans in the front I think thatès better then having 1 exhaust fan only.

Thanks.
Can you post a pic somewhere and link to it.
Take a pic of the weird small box with the weird 2 pin and 4 pin.
Is the 4 pin molex? like an old style HD power connector?

logainofhades

Titan
You will need one of these. It will allow you to run all your case fans off one header, and gets supplemental SATA power, to avoid overloading the fan header.

You may need this too.

https://smile.amazon.com/ThreeBulls-Splitter-Computer-Extension-Converter/dp/B07M5P7VHH

Solution
Good info to know. I haven't looked at more recent Intel boards, given the poor VRM's the B560m has. That board must be really new, as PCPP doesn't even have it listed yet. When I looked at DS3H V2, only B350m and B450m showed up.
Well, its probably still "cheap as dirt and quality of mud" board, but it's nice to have 4 headers even on cheap board. One thing I noticed is that old DS3H models were considerably smaller then D3H, so they simply didn't have space for those headers. But B560 version is same size as D3H so that reason no longer applies.