Question Only 1 of 2 fans spinning on Vega 56 ?

markfresh

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
Hi , i have a gigabyte vega 56 which is about a year or so old, ive noticed that only one fan is spinning , even when i manually set the fans to max at all temps.
Would this be just dust or maybe a fault? I've tried blasting the fans with compressed air but to no avail.
Im happy to take it out of the MB for a closer look but not sure how to do any more than dust/spray it.

Thanks
Mark

check the fan cable connection, if it is loose

if it´s only about a year old, RMA the card to get a replacement.

Did you use compressed air and didn´t stop the fan from spinning? This could damage the fan controller hardware by inducing voltage to it.

markfresh

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
Thanks for the reply,
The card is over a year old, the pc was off and i held the fan still while spraying with compressed air.
Since then i have taken the Gpu out and given it a clean and re-seated it and re-plugged the cables.

I also forgot to mention that as well as this my Cpu fan will not spin at start up, if i spin it slowly with my finger it will eventually go, but may stop every few hours.
I have done a windows update , and now also put new paste on my Cpu heatsink and cleaned it etc,
The Cpu still needs help to spin on start up but since the clean has not stopped after.
Although im no expert obviously.....would i be correct in assuming that if 1 of 2 gpu fans wont spin and also my cpu fan is having problems, that somewhere , something is not sending the fans the correct info to spin at the correct speeds etc?