Only 1 ram stick works, need help to identify and solve the issue.

f1nh4r

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Only 1 of my ddr4 3000 mhz 16gb ram sticks works and I can't identify the issue.

My part list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wVgPbj

My problem:

My problem is that only 1 of my ram sticks works. I think it has something to do with the fact that my motherboard supports 1.2v sticks normally and my ram sticks are 1.35v. However, my motherboard should support 1.35v O.Cd ram with xmp profile. So maybe I have to manually change the settings in the xmp profile or something? The strange thing is though that only 1 of them works (when it's inserted alone), with both of them in, none works, and when the other one is in alone, it doesn't work. So perhaps it's just a problem with the physical ram stick itself. Another possibility could be that I have to O.C my cpu in order for both to work since one 16gb 3000mhz stick is more than enough for 8700k not O.Cd. Or what do you guys think?

Things I have tried:

I have tried putting in the ram in all possible combinations, messing with xmp in bios(although I am not an expert on the bios so I might have to change some settings that I don't know about). And yeah, like I said if I put in 1 of the sticks in any of the slots, everything works, if I replace it with the other, nothing works, if both are in, nothing works.