[SOLVED] Only 120 Hz on a 144 Hz screen? New BenQ EX2510.

PewterScreaminMach

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
I just setup my new BenQ EX2510 yesterday and noticed that, in the NVIDIA Control Panel, I can't set the refresh higher than 120 Hz even though it's a 144 Hz monitor. Haven't had any issues with browsing/gaming/editing, but curious about this one. I've also tried with G-Sync both enabled and disabled (1080 Ti), but neither allows higher than 120 Hz.

Note: tried to post a screen shot of the drop down options in the NVIDIA Control Panel, but I keep getting the "it didn't work, check with admin" error message.

Solution
Make sure your set to 144hz Refresh Rate on the monitor tab of Setting > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties.
Then see if nvidia will go to 144hz.

Also, how is the monitor connected to the PC?

popatim

Titan
Make sure your set to 144hz Refresh Rate on the monitor tab of Setting > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties.

Solution

PewterScreaminMach

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010

This worked. Only weird thing is now in NVIDIA Control Panel, it lists the 144 Hz option under "PC" resolution settings, but a bunch of others (Ultra HD, HD, SD) are separated out with their own same resolutions to choose, and that's the one that lists 120 Hz and below.

TRENDING THREADS