Only 2 x SATA3 motherboard with 3 x SATA3 Storage !

Solution
If you connect both HDDs to the SATA 2 ports, it will max out around 375Mb/s. But since HDDs generally don't exceed 200Mb/s this generally shouldn't be a problem.

I assume the SSD is your Boot drive?
If you put The HDDs on SATA 2 then your DVD_RW will use one SATA 3 and put your SSD on the other SATA 3.
Personally, I would put the HDDs on the SATA 2 ports.

You can mix your HDDs on SATA 2 and SATA 3 in which case your RAID 1 mirror will operate at the lowest speed. Eg. SATA 2 speeds. Then you can put the DVD-RW which only runs at SATA 1 speeds (1.5Mb/s) on the other SATA 2 whilst having your SSD on SATA 3.

If you mix HDDs across SATA 2 and SATA 3 you should check the SATA 2 and SATA 3 ports run from the same controller, otherwise...

Tanyac

Reputable
If you connect both HDDs to the SATA 2 ports, it will max out around 375Mb/s. But since HDDs generally don't exceed 200Mb/s this generally shouldn't be a problem.

I assume the SSD is your Boot drive?
If you put The HDDs on SATA 2 then your DVD_RW will use one SATA 3 and put your SSD on the other SATA 3.
Personally, I would put the HDDs on the SATA 2 ports.

You can mix your HDDs on SATA 2 and SATA 3 in which case your RAID 1 mirror will operate at the lowest speed. Eg. SATA 2 speeds. Then you can put the DVD-RW which only runs at SATA 1 speeds (1.5Mb/s) on the other SATA 2 whilst having your SSD on SATA 3.

If you mix HDDs across SATA 2 and SATA 3 you should check the SATA 2 and SATA 3 ports run from the same controller, otherwise you may run into problems configuring the RAID set.

Solution

akkha

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014

Yes my SSD is Boot drive. I'm going to setup Windows10 Pro's Storage Space (Two-way mirror).
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to put my SSD and DVD-RW to SATA3 , and 2 Hard drive for storage space to SATA2.

Latest posts