Question only 4 of 6 RAM showing up active

mrttzr18

Reputable
Mar 16, 2018
Hi, So only 4 of my 6 sticks of ram show up as active. That's when I check my BIOS and also ran RAMExpert once booted. I'm not sure really where I should start as far as repairing the issue.
All 6 of the RAM RGB LED's light up just fine...
Also, maybe this is relative information, but recently my monitors don't wake up from sleep mode. I continuously have to reboot... Probably not related but worth metioning.
Here's my specs.
Windows 10 vs 10.19043 Build 19043
ROG STRIX X-299-E GAMING II
Intel Core i9-1040X CPU
and most important my RAM is
Corsair CMT32GX4M2D3600C18

Hi, So only 4 of my 6 sticks of ram show up as active. That's when I check my BIOS and also ran RAMExpert once booted. I'm not sure really where I should start as far as repairing the issue.
All 6 of the RAM RGB LED's light up just fine...
Also, maybe this is relative information, but recently my monitors don't wake up from sleep mode. I continuously have to reboot... Probably not related but worth metioning.
Here's my specs.
Windows 10 vs 10.19043 Build 19043
ROG STRIX X-299-E GAMING II
Intel Core i9-1040X CPU
and most important my RAM is
Corsair CMT32GX4M2D3600C18
Did you reset CMOS since installing RAM ?

egda23

Estimable
You have 3 kits each comprising 2 sticks.
You had 4 sticks and you added 2? Are you sure that although they have the same part number they are also the same version ?
If not this could be a problem.
As suggested by CountMike start with a clear CMOS, and basic SPD speed (2133mhz). If that works, try to enable XMP.
Note that any number of sticks not coming from a single kit are not guarantied to work together

mrttzr18

Reputable
Mar 16, 2018
Did you reset CMOS since installing RAM ?
Wow, sorry for the late reply. I got distracted and forgot about this problem enteirely.
No, I did not reset CMOS. about to do that now... Will report back!
Also, yes all 3 packs were purchased at the same time from the same place. They are perfect matches.

ASK THE COMMUNITY