[SOLVED] Only 60/70 Fps with 2070 Super in 1080p

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 16, 2019
Is it because im using a Tv at 60 hz and the Gpu is using less power?
I still was about to buy a 144hz monitor but, im not sure at 100% that's the problem.
It's not even bottleneck bacause I own a Ryzen 7 3700x with 16GB of Ram (3200 Mhz)

Solution
But I still don't understand why I don't actually see the fps how they should be in the counter.
I mean, I should be able tu see the high number of frames, like 150 or 120Fps, with After Burner, even if the screen isn't powerful enough.

You don't see the frames because the tv cannot display them. It cannot refresh the screen more than 60 times in a second. FPS isn't the same thing. Your GPU is rendering all the frames you see in the counter, your monitor is only displaying 60 of those frames in a second. A third party program won't do anything. People telling you the monitor won't limit your FPS is kind of misleading. Any TV or monitor works the same way unless there's some special circumstance I don't know about. My...

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
But I still don't understand why I don't actually see the fps how they should be in the counter.
I mean, I should be able tu see the high number of frames, like 150 or 120Fps, with After Burner, even if the screen isn't powerful enough.

You don't see the frames because the tv cannot display them. It cannot refresh the screen more than 60 times in a second. FPS isn't the same thing. Your GPU is rendering all the frames you see in the counter, your monitor is only displaying 60 of those frames in a second. A third party program won't do anything. People telling you the monitor won't limit your FPS is kind of misleading. Any TV or monitor works the same way unless there's some special circumstance I don't know about. My monitor is 144hz, my FPS is 180, that's 36FPS my monitor cannot display, it's just overhead.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
Aug 16, 2019
So I Guess my Gpu Can't work at his best with a weak TV like mine.
If the solution is to buy a new monitor, then I think is the best case.
Because I wouldn't want that my GPU was defective from the time I bought it, losing the chance to give it back.

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
So I Guess my Gpu Can't work at his best with a weak TV like mine.
If the solution is to buy a new monitor, then I think is the best case.
Because I wouldn't want that my GPU was defective from the time I bought it, losing the chance to give it back.

It's not defective you just need a new monitor.