Only B/W on the TV with my 6600GT... :-/

Hi all!

I have a Gainward GeForce 6600GT 128MB 1,6ns PCI-E,"Golden S., Goes Like
Hell"(GLH) card in my system, with 2xDVI LCD's connected.

Now I'm trying to connect my TV as well. I know that I will not be able
to get output on both DVI's & the TV at the same time, but that's not a
problem.

But what IS a problem is that, no matter what I try, I only get
black&white output on the connector marked 'Y-out/comp. out' on my card!

How do I get this card to display color?
(before someone asks: I did put WinXP in PAL/B (but also tried the other
ones) mode, since I live in Norway.

Regards,
Evert

Evert Meulie wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a Gainward GeForce 6600GT 128MB 1,6ns PCI-E,"Golden S., Goes Like
> Hell"(GLH) card in my system, with 2xDVI LCD's connected.
>
> Now I'm trying to connect my TV as well. I know that I will not be able
> to get output on both DVI's & the TV at the same time, but that's not a
> problem.
>
> But what IS a problem is that, no matter what I try, I only get
> black&white output on the connector marked 'Y-out/comp. out' on my card!
>
> How do I get this card to display color?
> (before someone asks: I did put WinXP in PAL/B (but also tried the other
> ones) mode, since I live in Norway.
>

> Regards,
> Evert
Connect it to the composite or s-video output unless yer TV supports
component output, in which case you need to connect Y,Pr(Cr), Pb(Cb) to
the corresponding inputs on yer tv. If not use the composite or s-video
depending on the inputs yer TV supports.

If yer using s-video you may have to force a composite signal s-video to
get a colour signal. The picture quality/colours will be best using
component, then s-video followed by composite. However, the last two
methods need only a single cable to the tv.

Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
> Evert Meulie wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I have a Gainward GeForce 6600GT 128MB 1,6ns PCI-E,"Golden S., Goes
>> Like Hell"(GLH) card in my system, with 2xDVI LCD's connected.
>>
>> Now I'm trying to connect my TV as well. I know that I will not be
>> able to get output on both DVI's & the TV at the same time, but that's
>> not a problem.
>>
>> But what IS a problem is that, no matter what I try, I only get
>> black&white output on the connector marked 'Y-out/comp. out' on my card!
>>
>> How do I get this card to display color?
>> (before someone asks: I did put WinXP in PAL/B (but also tried the
>> other ones) mode, since I live in Norway.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Evert
>
> Connect it to the composite or s-video output unless yer TV supports
> component output, in which case you need to connect Y,Pr(Cr), Pb(Cb) to
> the corresponding inputs on yer tv. If not use the composite or s-video
> depending on the inputs yer TV supports.
>
> If yer using s-video you may have to force a composite signal s-video to
> get a colour signal. The picture quality/colours will be best using
> component, then s-video followed by composite. However, the last two
> methods need only a single cable to the tv.

The cable I have to use is composite, so that is my only option...
But... the problem is that I get no color! I've tried it with a shorter
cable, but it's still only black/white...

Another weird thing I noticed is that in the software I can choose
between 'composite', 's-video' or 'auto'.
With the composite cable I get a (black & white!) image with either the
'auto' or the 's-video' setting, but get no image at all with the
'composite' setting...!?!

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone here?

Regards,
Evert

Evert Meulie wrote:

> Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
>
>> Evert Meulie wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I have a Gainward GeForce 6600GT 128MB 1,6ns PCI-E,"Golden S., Goes
>>> Like Hell"(GLH) card in my system, with 2xDVI LCD's connected.
>>>
>>> Now I'm trying to connect my TV as well. I know that I will not be
>>> able to get output on both DVI's & the TV at the same time, but
>>> that's not a problem.
>>>
>>> But what IS a problem is that, no matter what I try, I only get
>>> black&white output on the connector marked 'Y-out/comp. out' on my card!
>>>
>>> How do I get this card to display color?
>>> (before someone asks: I did put WinXP in PAL/B (but also tried the
>>> other ones) mode, since I live in Norway.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Evert
>>

>> Connect it to the composite or s-video output unless yer TV supports
>> component output, in which case you need to connect Y,Pr(Cr), Pb(Cb)
>> to the corresponding inputs on yer tv. If not use the composite or
>> s-video depending on the inputs yer TV supports.
>>
>> If yer using s-video you may have to force a composite signal s-video
>> to get a colour signal. The picture quality/colours will be best using
>> component, then s-video followed by composite. However, the last two
>> methods need only a single cable to the tv.
>

> The cable I have to use is composite, so that is my only option...
> But... the problem is that I get no color! I've tried it with a shorter
> cable, but it's still only black/white...
>
> Another weird thing I noticed is that in the software I can choose
> between 'composite', 's-video' or 'auto'.
> With the composite cable I get a (black & white!) image with either the
> 'auto' or the 's-video' setting, but get no image at all with the
> 'composite' setting...!?!
>
> Does any of this sound familiar to anyone here?

Hmm, the Gainward people in the Gainward Nordic forum are recommending I
give the 71.xx version of the NVidia driver a try. Will do so when I get
home...

Greetings,
Evert

Evert Meulie wrote:

> Evert Meulie wrote:
>

>> Sharanga Dayananda wrote:

>>> Connect it to the composite or s-video output unless yer TV supports
>>> component output, in which case you need to connect Y,Pr(Cr), Pb(Cb)
>>> to the corresponding inputs on yer tv. If not use the composite or
>>> s-video depending on the inputs yer TV supports.
>>>
>>> If yer using s-video you may have to force a composite signal s-video
>>> to get a colour signal. The picture quality/colours will be best
>>> using component, then s-video followed by composite. However, the
>>> last two methods need only a single cable to the tv.
>>

>> The cable I have to use is composite, so that is my only option...
>> But... the problem is that I get no color! I've tried it with a
>> shorter cable, but it's still only black/white...
>>
>> Another weird thing I noticed is that in the software I can choose
>> between 'composite', 's-video' or 'auto'.
>> With the composite cable I get a (black & white!) image with either
>> the 'auto' or the 's-video' setting, but get no image at all with the
>> 'composite' setting...!?!
>>
>> Does any of this sound familiar to anyone here?
>

> Hmm, the Gainward people in the Gainward Nordic forum are recommending I
> give the 71.xx version of the NVidia driver a try. Will do so when I get
> home...

Well, that didn't do any good... It even got worse: my NVidia control
panel is now in Norwegian... :-/

Am I the only one who has trouble with color on the composite out of
their NVidia card? I need to know whether this is a hardware defect, or
a driver problem... :-/

Regards,
Evert

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Sounds like you downloaded the wrong driver.

DaveL

"Evert Meulie" <evert@witelcom.net> wrote in message

> Evert Meulie wrote:
>>

>> Evert Meulie wrote:

>>> The cable I have to use is composite, so that is my only option...
>>> But... the problem is that I get no color! I've tried it with a shorter
>>> cable, but it's still only black/white...
>>>
>>> Another weird thing I noticed is that in the software I can choose
>>> between 'composite', 's-video' or 'auto'.
>>> With the composite cable I get a (black & white!) image with either the
>>> 'auto' or the 's-video' setting, but get no image at all with the
>>> 'composite' setting...!?!
>>>
>>> Does any of this sound familiar to anyone here?
>>

>> Hmm, the Gainward people in the Gainward Nordic forum are recommending I
>> give the 71.xx version of the NVidia driver a try. Will do so when I get
>> home...
>>

> Well, that didn't do any good... It even got worse: my NVidia control
> panel is now in Norwegian... :-/
>
> Am I the only one who has trouble with color on the composite out of their
> NVidia card? I need to know whether this is a hardware defect, or a driver
> problem... :-/
>
> Regards,
> Evert

Well, the language problem has been resolved. But NOT the
black&white... :-/

Is there anyone who can help me with this...??

Regards,
Evert