Question Only certain websites load after sleep (Windows 10 / Surface Studio 2)

Aug 23, 2019
Hi from Australia

Replaced my iMac with a Surface Studio 2 about a month ago. Running latest Windows 10 (version 1903, build 18362.295) and there are two things that are really p!$$ing me off.

Firstly, every time the computer wakes from sleep mode, most websites aren't reachable via Edge or Chrome. I can generally access google-linked websites (eg. gmail, keep, even analytics & google ads) and Microsoft websites, but not news websites or most other sites I regularly visit. Outlook can't connect to the server either. WiFi is connected, shows as normal with internet access, but most websites return DNS ERROR white pages.

Secondly, I get a flickering/refresh on the desktop icons every couple of minutes even after downloading the latest display drivers from NVIDIA.

I know people have recommended when there's an issue with GENERAL connectivity after Sleep that I should disable the network driver's ability to turn off in sleep mode, but I can't see that tab in the latest Windows settings these days. Used to be there on older versions but can't see it now.

Any help appreciated.

Hello

If the Power Management tab is not in the NIC's properties box, can you please try this:

* Right-click Start.

* Go to Power Options > Additional power settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings.

* Expand Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode.

* Change both On battery and Plugged in to Maximum Performance.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Aug 23, 2019
Hello

If the Power Management tab is not in the NIC's properties box, can you please try this:

* Right-click Start.

* Go to Power Options > Additional power settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings.

* Expand Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode.

* Change both On battery and Plugged in to Maximum Performance.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Hey thank you for this advice. Unfortunately no Wireless Adaptor Settings appear as an option under Advanced Settings. The only expandable options are:

Desktop background settings
Sleep (sleep after / hibernate after)
Power buttons and lid (Power button action)
Display (turn off display after)

Seems weird.

Hey thank you for this advice. Unfortunately no Wireless Adaptor Settings appear as an option under Advanced Settings. The only expandable options are:

Desktop background settings
Sleep (sleep after / hibernate after)
Power buttons and lid (Power button action)
Display (turn off display after)

Seems weird.
Hello again

Can you please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if it helps?

You can also try creating a new local user account, signing in to it and see if the new user works correctly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!