[SOLVED] Only Ethernet

Tomha1

Honorable
Oct 19, 2016
I'm only able to connect to a network from ethernet, I tried unplugging and reinstalling drivers but it doesn't work. Does my mobo support wireless? Asus Z97-E

Solution
I'm only able to connect to a network from ethernet, I tried unplugging and reinstalling drivers but it doesn't work. Does my mobo support wireless? Asus Z97-E

No. Your motherboard does not natively support WiFi. You would need to purchase a Wireless Access Card to install into an available expansion slot on your motherboard; as well as having an available WiFi network.

Before doing that, however, I would attempt to figure out why the Ethernet is not working. When you plug in your Ethernet cable are you getting any sort of light from the Ethernet port on the motherboard (Green/Orange)?

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan

No. Your motherboard does not natively support WiFi. You would need to purchase a Wireless Access Card to install into an available expansion slot on your motherboard; as well as having an available WiFi network.

Before doing that, however, I would attempt to figure out why the Ethernet is not working. When you plug in your Ethernet cable are you getting any sort of light from the Ethernet port on the motherboard (Green/Orange)?

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Tomha1
Solution

Tomha1

Honorable
Oct 19, 2016

-Wolf sends

The ethernet works, thankfully. But I guess ill have to buy an expansion. Thanks!