[SOLVED] Only getting 5-10 FPS and I don’t know why ?

Oct 18, 2021
Hello all! I am trying to fix this issue and I am almost sure is not software related. I am running a 3200g and GTX 1070 TI on an Asrock b450m Pro4 with 16gb of ram. I was able to play New world on 60 FPS on low with my poor 3200g prior to purchasing my GTX 1070 Ti last week and adding it. I know the GTX 1070 Ti causes my 3200g to bottleneck but I didn’t expect my FPS to drop down to 5-10. I have been able to play new world with my gpu but for some odd reason , now it won’t run as normal . I literally ended up reinstalling windows thinking it might have been a driver issue - and when I did , it worked for some time - but when I went to sleep and woke up to check - it went back to the same issue.

I tried disconnecting my GPU to see if it’s the issue but even without the GPU the situation persists. The first time this happened was Sunday . I was playing New world and by mistake I tripped over my power cord. When I came back I noticed my pc was off and so I turned it back on and loaded new world only to be presented with this issue. I’m not hardware savvy - please help. I don’t know what to do anymore with this issue .

Oct 18, 2021
For some reason, I’ve been playing new world with my newly added gtx 1070 TI, and for some reason the past 2 days for whatever reason , my frame rates have been consistently at 5-10 fps. Is there a reason why? Is this what bottlenecking is ? Can anyone input on this ?

it's a pretty low tier CPU not intended for high-level gaming.
and a 1070 Ti isn't exactly a powerhouse either.

try turning all settings in the game down to lowest values and setting the resolution to 720p.
then see how, if at all, the frame rate improves.

list all of your system specs including display's resolution & refresh rate.

Oct 18, 2021

try turning all settings in the game down to lowest values and setting the resolution to 720p.

I am running a 3200g on a Asrock b450m Pro4 with 16gb of ram . I just bought the gtx 1070 Ti. I was running New world on low settings on my 3200g but for some reason after a few days of playing with my gtx 1070 ti , it has literally stayed at 5-10 FPS and I have yet to fix this issue . I reset my windows thinking it may have been software related and I was able to once again play at 60 FPS, to then wake up to the same issue. My display resolution is at 1920x1080p and it’s a 75 hz monitor

Oct 18, 2021
I am running a 3200g on a Asrock b450m Pro4 with 16gb of ram . I am also using a 500w thermaltake smart 500w. I BM just bought the gtx 1070 Ti. I was running New world on low settings on my 3200g but for some reason after a few days of playing with my gtx 1070 ti , it has literally stayed at 5-10 FPS and I have yet to fix this issue . I reset my windows thinking it may have been software related and I was able to once again play at 60 FPS, to then wake up to the same issue. My display resolution is at 1920x1080p and it’s a 75 hz monitor
I was also running it on 1080p while playing at 60-70 c, I did also add 3 RGB fans. So - I am running stock fan , and 3 RGB fans. When I removed my gpu though the FPS didn’t change at all, and I was playing new world on low at 50 ish FPS

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021

This also didn't work.

Oct 18, 2021
I only play New World, Runescape and Fortnite. Rs uses very little and I can literally play it on ULTRA and still causes little load. Fortnite I believe is also had a dip of FPS as well.

I was playing New World and it was causing GPU's to brick.
i believe that was only later RTX cards.
but you can check on their forums as well to see if others complain of the issue with a similar card.
Could this also be a sign of GPU Failure?
test another card in your system and see how it performs and vice versa.

Solution