Question Only Getting 50-60 FPS on my High End PC, Is it normal?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 18, 2019
So i've been playing gta (FiveM) and im only getting around 50-60 fps. My specs are: i7 8700k, 1070ti and 16gb ram. Is this normal fps for this type of pc? Also looking at CAM which shows temperatures and other data, my cpu is about 40% load and my gpu is about 55% load. I also have streamlabs, CAM and discord in the backround. I use streamlabs only to record my gameplay I tried turning it off but I didnt see a huge difference. I've also turned vsync off in the settings because that apprently limits fps to 60. So my question is that is this normal fps for this type of pc? Should i be getting more?

Jun 18, 2019
when i put my graphic settings back to default, it automaticly puts them to the highest possible and I then get 50-60 fps. I changed some of the settings and im getting now 60-70 which i think is really low for this type of pc.

Apr 2, 2019
use the nvidia control panel. there should be a icon in the bottom right pop up widow by the clock. go to the display section, and then change resolution option.
also, you probably need to use a display port to get the 144hz, if your using a HDMI then there is the issue with the hz being capped at 60. Your gpu usage should be near 100%, not in the 50s.

Jun 19, 2019
What I have discovered is that max/ultra settings are typically designed for taking screenshots and or other types of media. If you want the best performance while still looking good, I would recommend moving the graphics settings from the max option to the second highest video setting.
TL;DR Try sacrificing the max graphics for the high setting.

does the monitor OSD have options for resolution? many of the displays i've dealt with had to be manually set to their max refresh rate and then Windows would recognize it with no problem.

and you never said if you checked in Nvidia Control Panel to change refresh rate.
NCP > Left-Side Panel > Display > Change Resolution > Refresh Rate: > drop down menu.