[SOLVED] Only getting one bar of signal on my PC but full on my laptop?

Feb 3, 2020
I have a TP-Link 802.11ac and I am only getting one bar of 5ghz but when I use my laptop in the same exact location I will get full bars. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Solution
What is important is the wireless performance.

What upload and download speeds do you get? Compare PC and laptop performance.

If the PC's wireless performance is not a problem then you can probably ignore the bar "signal".

That said check that the TP-Link adapter is fully seated and that the antenna connections are firmly and squarely installed. Tilt the antennas per the User Guide/Manual recommendations.

Try antenna extension cables especially if the computer is sitting down low and/or under desk.

Ralston18

Titan

If the PC's wireless performance is not a problem then you can probably ignore the bar "signal".

That said check that the TP-Link adapter is fully seated and that the antenna connections are firmly and squarely installed. Tilt the antennas per the User Guide/Manual recommendations.

Try antenna extension cables especially if the computer is sitting down low and/or under desk.

Solution
Feb 3, 2020

Thank you, I went and got a table to put it on and made sure the antennas were tight and I am getting a little better download. No where near what I get hardwired but I still keep messing with it!