Question Only Half of my Ram Is showing up as installed ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2018
I have 2x4 GB of ram. In bios it only shows memory of just one stick and in system stats it shows up as 4GB.
I've unchecked the box in msconfig. But in CPUZ it shows both sticks. I've updated to the latest BIOS and Have
also increased my voltage of VRAM and CPU slightly. I've also tested both sticks in another PC with the same
set up, and they work just fine it isn't a compatibility issue. And no matter what sticks of ram I put on this mother
board it shows up as only one even though Both sticks light up and are detected by CPUZ, I've even went as
far to swap Hdds and check the pressure the heatsink is putting on the CPU. I've swapped operating systems
and power supplies. I've tried the first 6 pages of similar problems on other forums it doesn't seem to be something simple. And yes the RAM is installed correctly and even If I just try one stick at a time it works in
both DIMM slots.

setup:

Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H micro atx
AMD 7650k 4 Core +6G
EVGA 650w bronze 80 plus
EVGA GeForce 1060 ti
HYNIX 2x4 1600 mhz 128 pin
Sony 256 gb SSD
WD 2tb HDD

Oct 12, 2018
Okay so I figured out my Issue, It was a faulty CPU, Never buying used cpu's again. If you are having an issue like this and nothing else is working try using a friends cpu and check your ram, it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.