Question Only left ear working in headset

Feb 17, 2019
Hello everyone,

Built a new pc yesterday and when i plugged in headset, it wasn't recognizing the microphone and the right side of the headset wasn't outputting any audio.It is definetly not a problem with the headset as i tried with multiple ones. Tried to install drivers but nothing works :( . Does the headset need another jack to plug in to the pc? The wierd thing is that my speakers running on Nvidia sound work well whilst the headset on realtek doesn't, could the drivers be mewssing with each other?

Thanks in advance for your replies, might not be able to get back soon because of exams.

D

Deleted member 14196

Unfortunately Realtek has very real and large problems in windows 10. But I do think there is a way you can disable the Nvidia sound and use the Realtek

There are many many posts on this forum about the Realtek driver is not working on 10

D

Deleted member 217926

Uninstall any Nvidia audio drivers. In the future when doing Nvidia driver installs choose the Custom option and unselect the audio drivers or this will happen every time.

Right click your volume icon and choose Sounds and Playback. You should be able to choose Realtek if it didn't default back there after you uninstall the Nvidia audio drivers.