[SOLVED] only one audio output device shows on windows when headphone and speaker are connected

MOHAMED_123

Reputable
Dec 30, 2016
how can i swap speaker to headphone or headphone to speaker without unplug if this show one output device ? it happen in my new motherboard x570 meg ace msi . i ask many people but they dont know what problem is this . i hear audio from both headphone and speaker at same time but i want to use any one of the device without unplunging the device . it shows only speaker ( realtek output ) in that output front jack and rear jack are connected , 2 jack connected in one output why this not show separately like realtek output and realtek 2 output ? in old motherboard z170a m5 have that option like that 2 realtek output
i tried re install windows 10 , latest bios , all drivers and software are up to date , windows 10 are upto date , there is no realtek hd audio manager , it only support realtek audio console from windows store and in that software there is no option like separete audio device and no advance settings . tried roll back audio , delete realtek and use windows audio still show one audio output device , re install realtek universal audio driver , hd audio controller enabled in bios

if you have same motherboard that i have will really helpfull and to know im the only one or others

Solution
there is no advance option in realtek audio console and no second output device in sound control panel
In the sound control panel you should be able to control which output to use unless both the headphone and speaker jack physically are the same connector split into two ports. Then you won't have a way besides having an external mixer.

MOHAMED_123

Reputable
Dec 30, 2016
Usually there is some sort of audio control panel that allows you to choose the output device. It's not an easy option to find as it will be buried under some advanced setting. Good luck.
there is no advance option in realtek audio console and no second output device in sound control panel