[SOLVED] Only one fan spins on one of my RTX 3090 Ventus OC cards ?

Mar 31, 2021
Hi!

I have a problem with one of my two new RTX3090 ventus I just got.
Only one fan spins in one of the cards in full load. The strange thing is that all three spins when the computer starts, so I guess it's not a hardware failure.
Do you have any ideas? could it be errors in the card vbios?

Here is a video showing the problem.

View: https://youtu.be/Q7eM3c72cCs

I have tested the graphics card in two computers with the same result.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please state the make and model of your motherboard and the BISO version it's on? The make and model of your PSU and it's age? Does the GPU fans stay active while you're only in BIOS? IF so, see if after booting into OS, go back(reboot) into BIOS and see if the fans spin while you're in BIOS again.

You might want to also see if swapping the cards around in the slots, changes the behavior of the fans. You should also bring MSI up to speed on the matter via an email. Very likely that you need an RMA on the card that's got a weird fan issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please state the make and model of your motherboard and the BISO version it's on? The make and model of your PSU and it's age? Does the GPU fans stay active while you're only in BIOS? IF so, see if after booting into OS, go back(reboot) into BIOS and see if the fans spin while you're in BIOS again.

You might want to also see if swapping the cards around in the slots, changes the behavior of the fans. You should also bring MSI up to speed on the matter via an email. Very likely that you need an RMA on the card that's got a weird fan issue.

Reactions: bigrooster
Solution