Jun 25, 2022
I recently got a new PC and I have a very strange issue. On my PC I barely have a connection when connected to my wifi. I should be getting 50+ mbps upload and download, but I have been lucky if I got 5. The weird part is that when I turn on my hotspot on my phone it works perfectly fine and gets normal speeds. The pc is about 5 feet from the router on the floor below, I can't use an ethernet cable, and it has nothing to do with distance or where the PC is because my previous PC and all other devices work perfectly fine there. I have checked for issues with the drivers multiple times, checked for any app or process that was limiting the internet in any way, I have reset the network and all network settings more than once, and I have been searching all the "normal" fixes for the past few weeks with nothing working.

D

Deleted member 362816

I have seen allot of weird issues with RX 6xxx and rtx 3xxx sometimes causing wifi interference. Best way I found to test was to remove the card (if you have internal graphics) and test again or I run a speed test on my phone roughly 1 ft from pc note results, then put the phone right next to the video card on the side panel/glass and run it again and see if it messes with your phone.

On one system with a z590i WIFI board I tested 3x 6800xts (2 of them killed my wifi speeds by 75%) and 3x rtx 3090's only 1 3090 killed the wifi by 75%, I never found a solution so I had to hardwire.

Sounds stupid but hell now I game with a tinfoil hat on lol

Jun 25, 2022
I have seen allot of weird issues with RX 6xxx and rtx 3xxx sometimes causing wifi interference. Best way I found to test was to remove the card (if you have internal graphics) and test again or I run a speed test on my phone roughly 1 ft from pc note results, then put the phone right next to the video card on the side panel/glass and run it again and see if it messes with your phone.

On one system with a z590i WIFI board I tested 3x 6800xts (2 of them killed my wifi speeds by 75%) and 3x rtx 3090's only 1 3090 killed the wifi by 75%, I never found a solution so I had to hardwire.

Sounds stupid but hell now I game with a tinfoil hat on lol
So I don't think I have internal graphics but when I did the speed test on my phone, it didn't mess up the speed on my phone but specifically when I held it close to the PC it slowed down the computer speed.... does that still mean it's a video card issue?

D

Deleted member 362816

So I don't think I have internal graphics but when I did the speed test on my phone, it didn't mess up the speed on my phone but specifically when I held it close to the PC it slowed down the computer speed.... does that still mean it's a video card issue?

If there was RF interference it most likely would have slowed down the speed test on the phone itself when you put it near the video card. This may not be the issue it was just a guess. Something I had ran into recently.