Only one SATA slot working on GA-170x-Gaming 6?

ChrisCope94

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Hello, I just made my first pc. My question is that my gigabyte GA-z170x-Gaming 6 motherboard isn't seeing any of my SATA slots except for one. I currently have my hard drive in the sata3 slot 2 slot because that's the only slot that works. When I want to use my disk reader I have to unplug my hard drive to use that same spot. How can I get my other SATA slots to work?

UPDATE: I don't know if it is necessary but my processor is Intel i7 6700k, memory is corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 2666.

Solution
Figured it out, I'm an idiot. I didn't recognize the slot numbers because there are none. It's under the guise of SATA Express. A type i've never seen before so i never tried them. Apparently sata 0 and 1 are within those four and those worked. I'd delete this thread but i don't seem to know how.

ChrisCope94

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Figured it out, I'm an idiot. I didn't recognize the slot numbers because there are none. It's under the guise of SATA Express. A type i've never seen before so i never tried them. Apparently sata 0 and 1 are within those four and those worked. I'd delete this thread but i don't seem to know how.

Solution