Only open 1-2 office docs at once

Apr 30, 2018
If I have 1-2 word or excel docs open, then double click on a 2d or 3rd, it doesn't "quite open" ... strange, I can't find a way to add a picture to this thread, I took a screen shot. But it's almost like there's not quite quite enough POWER to open up that last document. That's silly of course, but that's what it "looks and feels" like. When I mouseover the word icon pinned to taskbar it shows thumbnails of each doc open with the title above it. For the one that "doesn't quite open" it just shows a blank square with the title...like its....33% open!! SO STRANGE...the only way I can cure it is to close ALL docs and open JUST the one that won't open. Googled this six ways from Sunday and it appears I'm the only one it's ever happened to. I can email a picture if needed.

Version of Office? Local or network files? What happens if you open it from inside Word from File - Open isntead of double-clicking? Did you check Task Manager to see if the computer had enough resources, CPU not at 100% or anything? Reboot help or not?

Apr 30, 2018
Since i posted this, I cannot duplicate it but I will keep the "open from within word" in mind if it does. Sometimes it's the 2d doc that won't open, other times it's the 5th or 6th. I have 16G Ram so can't imagine I'm running out but I WILL check anyway. Local files. And again, it's so unpredictable that even if it DID work after reboot I wouldn't really know if it was rebooting or just chance.
thank you for your response.

Latest posts