[SOLVED] Only PNG Thumbnail previews in folder explorer not showing

rbstoltz

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I use PNGs for Xojo programs and had them all on a thumb drive. All PNGs were showing correctly in the Detailed view. Created a new folder on HD and did a copy and paste/move to HD. Upon releasing the button all PNGs changed to the generic PHOTOS thumbnail to include the files on the thumb drive. What happened and how do I reset it so I can see the thumbnails on the Detailed list in file explorer?

Solution
Hello

Can you please go to View > Options on your File Explorer and click Restore Defaults on the General tab of the Folder Options box?

You may also want to play with the View options from the folder's context menu. Switching to a different view type and then getting back to the previous one might help.

If that doesn't work either, you may want to go to Settings > Apps > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type and choose the Photos app for .PNG file. Clicking Set defaults by app would also do the same bu will also change all the custom associations that you may have configured.

Feel free to report back if none of the solutions...
Hello

Can you please go to View > Options on your File Explorer and click Restore Defaults on the General tab of the Folder Options box?

You may also want to play with the View options from the folder's context menu. Switching to a different view type and then getting back to the previous one might help.

If that doesn't work either, you may want to go to Settings > Apps > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type and choose the Photos app for .PNG file. Clicking Set defaults by app would also do the same bu will also change all the custom associations that you may have configured.

Feel free to report back if none of the solutions works, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Solution