Question Only seeing "low energy" bluetooth connection option for my headphones

May 23, 2020
Hi,

I have Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones. I'm consistently able to connect to them with my Android phone and play audio through them. However, my Windows desktop does not seem to be able to connect to them at all anymore. I have a bluetooth dongle which used to work, but now when I put the headphones into bluetooth pairing mode and scan for devices on my desktop, it only allows me to select "LE_WH-1000XM3." Googling around shows that this is the "low energy" mode which can't play audio. I connect to them and they aren't recognized as an audio device.

This worked for me at one point, but it spontaneously stopped working. I've tried deleting and re-adding the devices, and factory resetting my headphones.

Any ideas?

May 23, 2020
Figured it out at last. I had to remove all the devices, then I had to turn off the headphones, turn off the bluetooth on my desktop, turn on the headphones in bluetooth pairing mode, and then turn on the bluetooth on my desktop. Which is weird, because just turning on/off the bluetooth on my desktop didn't do it, nor did restarting the headphones - the headphones had to be in pairing mode when I turned on the bluetooth on my desktop.

Jan 6, 2022
Figured it out at last. I had to remove all the devices, then I had to turn off the headphones, turn off the bluetooth on my desktop, turn on the headphones in bluetooth pairing mode, and then turn on the bluetooth on my desktop. Which is weird, because just turning on/off the bluetooth on my desktop didn't do it, nor did restarting the headphones - the headphones had to be in pairing mode when I turned on the bluetooth on my desktop.

Just registered to say thanks!
After all the other things I tried .... This was such an absurd but yet easy fix lol