Question Open a game and the GPU temperature increases as the frequency does until it's "shut down" ?

Apr 18, 2021
Hello, I was wondering if any of you have has the same problem as I do.
I have a MSI GTX 770 TF 4GD5/OC, almost a year ago the graphic card started to have some vertical lines in the screen but when I restarted the pc, everything went normal. That situation lasted for 3-4 month when suddenly it started to turn off the screen when the pc still on. Like a month later I did a quick bake in the oven and the problem were fixed, at least i thought that. When I started any game, like AoE 2, the temperature increased a lot, as fast as the game was opening and the frequency started to increase, in consecuence both fan started to increase their speed to 100% load. That temperature lecture was wrong because if I touched the backplate it still cold-warm, not the 80° that the screen said.

I think that the temperature sensor is broke, but I don't really know if this problem can be fixed.

Does anyone has experimented the same problem and has a solution?

Regards from Chile.

Like a month later I did a quick bake in the oven and the problem were fixed, at least i thought that.
This 'baking fix' only has a chance of working when the card is suffering from one particular issue. It's not a fix-all for any dying card.
Did you replace all the thermal pads with new thermal pads and replace the TIM with new TIM when you put the card back together, after baking?

Apr 18, 2021
This 'baking fix' only has a chance of working when the card is suffering from one particular issue. It's not a fix-all for any dying card.
Did you replace all the thermal pads with new thermal pads and replace the TIM with new TIM when you put the card back together, after baking?

Of course, every thermal pads and TIM where replaced. When I did the bake I removed everything first and then do the procedure.