Open-back Headphones for Gaming and Day to Day Use?

MontyInHD

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
Hi all,

I'm currently looking to get a new set of headphones since my last ones broke, and I'm looking to get a pretty decent pair. My budget is around the £160 mark, but I may be able to up that a little.

I've been looking at the HD598s but seen some suggestions for others like the HD555 (w/ mod), and I still haven't made my mind up. I'm looking to use them for personal use at my desktop for playing FPS games and watching/listening to videos and music.

And I'm also thinking about getting a Sound BlasterX AE-5 (through a discount) to use with the headset, so any thoughts on that wouldn't go overlooked either.

Thanks for any suggestions
-Monty

MontyInHD

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014

Thanks for the link. Haven't seen this before, definitely going to have a look through

skynet user

Reputable
Oct 22, 2014
I went from the razor Kraken to sennheiser hd598. With smsl headphone amp.. They sound great from gaming especially with games that have lots of background ambience tons of clarity (decent bass. If that matters)

Oct 11, 2018
I use the sennheiser hd 600 headphones and the sound quality is amazing, although, they're quite expensive. I managed to find them on eBay for £150. Going from a Razer kraken to those is night and day, and I can even use them as a headset with the modmic, plus they're the comfiest headphones I've ever worn, the Razer krakens hurt my ears and the headband is very stiff.