Open Filesfile locks

Hello All!

I have a Win2k server that intermittenly will not release open files from
network shares. Nobody can access the files until I go to Computer
Management and force the open files to close, then all is well for that
particular user. Have any of you seen this issue. I have searched and
searched, used every combination of words I can think of. This server is
Dual Proc with 1Gb memory running Win2k server with SP4.

Thanks

"m_pact" <m_pact@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> I have a Win2k server that intermittenly will not release open files from
> network shares. Nobody can access the files until I go to Computer
> Management and force the open files to close, then all is well for that
> particular user. Have any of you seen this issue. I have searched and
> searched, used every combination of words I can think of. This server is
> Dual Proc with 1Gb memory running Win2k server with SP4.
>
> Thanks

Search for "Opportunistic Locking".
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;296264

Thank-you