[SOLVED] Open games in second monitor through eGPU

Apr 23, 2020
I'm running my Matebook X Pro to my Dell U2719DC with a USB-C and have my peripherals plugged into the monitor.
I also have a Razer Core X eGPU that feeds the same monitor with HDMI.
When I have both the USB-C and eGPU with T3 connected to the laptop simultaneously I'm having trouble opening games on the HDMI input instead of the USB-C. I would like for the Thunderbolt3 to only go one way from the laptop through the eGPU and to the monitor, instead of back to the laptop and to the USB-C.

Windowing the game and pulling it to the HDMI side doesn't seem to work, it forces it to open on the C input. Is there a way to make it so they open on the HDMI when both connected so I don't have to unplug the C and move my peripherals directly to the laptops ports? Another option is to somehow "turn off" the USB-C monitor signal and only have the HDMI available.

Solution
You should just be able to set the monitor as the default display and games should open on that screen.

right click desktop -> display settings and make sure the monitor is set to 1

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
You should just be able to set the monitor as the default display and games should open on that screen.

right click desktop -> display settings and make sure the monitor is set to 1

Solution
Does this show up as a dual screen in windows? Games and apps will try to start on the main display.
Also going to graphics settings in windows 10 allows you to choose between two GPUs for each exe so you can choose to have the picture on one display but have it run through the other GPU.

TRENDING THREADS