[SOLVED] Open Loop Fluid Level Dropping

jwcrellin

Reputable
Hi all, i need some advice. Last month I got an EKWB A360-G Kit and got it all installed and running great. Temps are stellar, especially GPU temps.
Trouble is the fluid level in the res drops ever so slightly every week. Probably only a couple of milliliters at a time but over the course of a month the res level is down like 1/2 - 3/4 inch.
I've triple and quadruple checked all the fittings and plugs and there is zero dripping anywhere or signs of past dripping.
I just unscrewed the top off the res and added a 1/4 cup distilled water just to top it up.

Has anyone had any experience with open loop "evaporation"?

Solution
Hi all, i need some advice. Last month I got an EKWB A360-G Kit and got it all installed and running great. Temps are stellar, especially GPU temps.
Trouble is the fluid level in the res drops ever so slightly every week. Probably only a couple of milliliters at a time but over the course of a month the res level is down like 1/2 - 3/4 inch.
I've triple and quadruple checked all the fittings and plugs and there is zero dripping anywhere or signs of past dripping.
I just unscrewed the top off the res and added a 1/4 cup distilled water just to top it up.

"Evaporation" is a thing that is indeed present in water cooling loops as in every other environment that is not...

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019

"Evaporation" is a thing that is indeed present in water cooling loops as in every other environment that is not absolutely sealed off. But it is likely not the cause of your fluid drop. Since you ruled out a leakage the most likely answer is that you had air trapped in your blocks and radiator that is now flushed out over a couple of days and collected in your reservoir where it belongs. That is a normal occurence.

Reactions: jappy
Solution