Open Office/ Libre

Negativelead

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
I was using Libre for many months, and the spell check stopped working. I tried everything to get it going again. I went through all those help pages,and restarted the thing a million times.

I eventually started using Open Office, and the spell check worked for a limited time. Now it is once again not working. What could be causing this? I just don't have the heart, or the soul left, to spend three more days in those help pages.

I try to read though Threads started by others, and they become convoluted by the ramblings of crazy people that type 8 paragraphs listing their bios before even trying to address the thread topic.

Help, please. Thank You.

Negativelead

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014

Bravo mate!

I don't know for sure if this would solve the issue I was having with Libre, but it solved my issued with Open Office. There is a little tab on the bottom of the bar, below the body of the texts it self. It's not in tools or options, it's at the bottom of the very window you're typing in.

If you click it, a language selection pops up. Mine was set to "Unknown." All, of the options you select in "Tools," and "Dictionaries," and "Language Settings," mean nothing if you don't set that little tab. Which is kind of frustrating if you ask me. If you set those options in tools, I don't see why they still fail to take effect. At least I got the thing working. Thanks for the head ache you saved me brother.