If I put in a new CD-R, a window pops up giving me a choice about making a
Roxio CD and something else, but the option to "Open writable CD Folder" is
not there. What do I need to do to make it appear there?

Thanks

What did you learn on the Roxio website about this?

"Bagger Vance" <caddyx@webduster.com> wrote in message
> If I put in a new CD-R, a window pops up giving me a choice about making a
> Roxio CD and something else, but the option to "Open writable CD Folder"
> is
> not there. What do I need to do to make it appear there?
>
> Thanks

The Open writable CD Folder is the option for the XP native CD burner. If
you have Roxio, that is a better CD burning program.

In short uninstall Roxio.

Then...
Open My Computer, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
Right click your CD drive
Properties
Recording tab
Check: Enable CD Recording on this drive check box
Apply
OK
Close My Computer

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:TZjWd.1956$CW2.959@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net,
Bagger Vance <caddyx@webduster.com> hunted and pecked:
> If I put in a new CD-R, a window pops up giving me a choice about
> making a Roxio CD and something else, but the option to "Open
> writable CD Folder" is not there. What do I need to do to make it
> appear there?
>
> Thanks

pop

.... If
> you have Roxio, that is a better CD burning program.
>
> In short uninstall Roxio.

HUH? Roxio is better, so UNinstall it? And not reinstall it? Typo?

OP wanted Open writable CD Folder. To get that they need to use XP CD
Wizard.

Some reason you haven't included the *full* text of the message you were
replying to?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eWo82P0IFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Pop <nobody@devnull.spamcop.net> hunted and pecked:
> ... If
>> you have Roxio, that is a better CD burning program.
>>
>> In short uninstall Roxio.
>
> HUH? Roxio is better, so UNinstall it? And not reinstall it? Typo?

TRENDING THREADS