Opened my laptop to clean up -> bios won’t boot

joro.gecata

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
My first time opening my Lenovo y510p. Watched a YouTube tutorial. All done, but when I tested it, the bios wouldn’t load at all, how come windows.
First I had one of the rams placed badly and that caused me the laptop to restart all the time, now wouldn’t even load jack.

To fix it I tried everything all over again and tried to replace the rams. Seems like I have no Hdd anymore :(. It even makes some creepy noises like scratching

Solution

Find where noise is coming from. It could be HDD or Exhaust fan. Check all the connections again if you missed any.

anbu13

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
Hi, Probably you have messed up the RAM or HDD. If you have 2 RAM modules, add one at a time at each slot and boot the laptop. Try booting without the HDD. Somehow you should see the BIOS screen anyway. Then the RAM is fine and check the HDD.

joro.gecata

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
It doesn’t work. I tried every ram in each slot and without the hdd. Same thing as followed: leds on, fan spins once, no consecutive actions, black screen. No sounds of booting anything

anbu13

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014

Find where noise is coming from. It could be HDD or Exhaust fan. Check all the connections again if you missed any.

Solution