shahrukhgajar2

Prominent
Jan 17, 2019
I was trying to do an experiment video on getting Minecraft to work on windows 98 but Its doesn't work and keeps giving me an OpenGL error I have VMware tools installed. I am using VMware workstation Pro 15.5.2 and Windows 98 se.

The error is OpenGL: ERROR RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.

My PC specs:
Intel i5 8th gen quad-core
16 GB ram ddr4
1050ti 4gb

Solution
No, if you really want to do it you would need to dig up an old system from that era. And only a few video cards were able to run it at the time that it was done.

Running it on XP is far easier, and possibly doable with VMware.

The initial release of Minecraft was in May 2009 so there were still a lot of XP users at that time. Win98 was pretty well gone by that time since XP was such a huge improvement -- far fewer crashes.

RealBeast

Titan
No, if you really want to do it you would need to dig up an old system from that era. And only a few video cards were able to run it at the time that it was done.

Running it on XP is far easier, and possibly doable with VMware.

The initial release of Minecraft was in May 2009 so there were still a lot of XP users at that time. Win98 was pretty well gone by that time since XP was such a huge improvement -- far fewer crashes.

Solution