I've just installed Riddick on my PC but it keeps crashing with an error
message saying that I need to support OpenGL 1.3. I thought that died with
my voodoo 2 card years ago.
I'm running a 6800 NVIDIA card with 78.03 drivers and cant get my head
around this problem. anyone help?

On 9/15/2005 9:18 AM RJAG brightened our day with:

>I've just installed Riddick on my PC but it keeps crashing with an error
>message saying that I need to support OpenGL 1.3. I thought that died with
>my voodoo 2 card years ago.
>I'm running a 6800 NVIDIA card with 78.03 drivers and cant get my head
>around this problem. anyone help?

Fixes in 1.1 Patch

* EAX is now by default disabled. This is to fix various issues with
incompatible drivers.
* A bug in the OpenGL version detection code was fixed to allow the game
to run on OpenGL 2.0 enabled drivers.
* Auto shader mode no longer choose shader mode 2.0++
* Detect if running Windows XP without SP1 and refuse to run the game.
* Fixed weapon switch bound to mouse wheel bug.
* Some outdated model textures was updated.
* Added option to enable game pad and set default to disabled instead of
enabled
* Added option to turn model level of detail off.
* Enabled dumping support on crash.
* Added benchmarking scripts and benchmarks and fixed some issues with
benchmarking.

--
Dudley Moore: "You're a bleeding nutcase!" Peter Cook: "Hah! They said that about Galileo."
Moore: "They also said it about a lot of nutcases."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Maybe you need a different driver,perhaps an older one since the latest is
not always the greatest in drivercity.

"RJAG" <robin@robingordon.wanadoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> I've just installed Riddick on my PC but it keeps crashing with an error
> message saying that I need to support OpenGL 1.3. I thought that died
with
> my voodoo 2 card years ago.
> I'm running a 6800 NVIDIA card with 78.03 drivers and cant get my head
> around this problem. anyone help?

BillL

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

Are you running the drivers that came with the graphics card or windows
native drivers? Not sure if MS addressed the problem but when Windows
installs its own drivers for graphic cards it only installs DirectX
compatible drivers not OpenGL ones.

BillL

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:11:23 GMT, "BillL" <billc1@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

>Are you running the drivers that came with the graphics card or windows
>native drivers? Not sure if MS addressed the problem but when Windows
>installs its own drivers for graphic cards it only installs DirectX
>compatible drivers not OpenGL ones.

>>> I'm running a 6800 NVIDIA card with 78.03 drivers...

Reading comprehension. It's FUNdamental. ;-)

You need the 1.1 patch ( EU or US ) for the game. The newer nVidia drivers
support OpenGL 2.0.

The error you get is a bug in the original game because it can't detect the
version number correctly.

The 1.1 patch for Riddick fixes this.

"RJAG" <robin@robingordon.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've just installed Riddick on my PC but it keeps crashing with an error
> message saying that I need to support OpenGL 1.3. I thought that died
> with my voodoo 2 card years ago.
> I'm running a 6800 NVIDIA card with 78.03 drivers and cant get my head
> around this problem. anyone help?

"RJAG" <robin@robingordon.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've just installed Riddick on my PC but it keeps crashing with an error
> message saying that I need to support OpenGL 1.3. I thought that died
> with my voodoo 2 card years ago.
> I'm running a 6800 NVIDIA card with 78.03 drivers and cant get my head
> around this problem. anyone help?

Have you updated the game to the latest version? I remember having the
problem out of the box, which the patch cured.

I installed an older driver and it worked without a hitch. I'll try the
patch later on.

Thanks for the help everyone