When I click on any of my drive letters (in My Computer) the "search" menu
appears.
I now have to right click on a drive letter and select "Open".

Never had to do this before.

Help please

kgm

Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"kgm" wrote:

| When I click on any of my drive letters (in My Computer) the "search" menu
| appears.
| I now have to right click on a drive letter and select "Open".
|
| Never had to do this before.
|

| Help please
|
| kgm

I have always just single clicked and it has opened up the selected drive or
folder.
I am still able to open a folder this way , but selecting a drive letter
brings up "search" and I have to right click and select "open" to view it.

Can you help further Carey ?

thanks for reply

kgm