Opening the HP W1907 LCD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Josh_S_C

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014

I bought mine new in '07, and suddenly it started going black, and would only come on for a couple seconds at a time. For the past year I've been using an old crt display monitor and it took up a lot of my desk. Anyway, I finally decided to investigate the monitor and couldn't figure out how to get it apart, and ended up on this thread. So..... I switched the wires around and tried it. At first it just shut off, then lasted a little longer, but was still going black after a minute or so. I switched the lower wires back to normal, and left the upper wires switched, and after some flickering for a while, it seems steady and I'm using it to write on this thread! What's funny is I have another exact monitor, just like this one, that died a month after this one did. As I remember it had another problem though, but still ended with going black. I'm sure eventually I'll have to replace some capacitors but for now it works. Awesome thread.

alanhl

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

which end is the flat cable disconnected from, one end is glued firmly to the flat panel and strongly resists being pulled and the other end seems very difficult to get to. hope you are still checking on this post
best regards Alan

tsummitt

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
this isn't so much an answer, but I have the same problem. took the 1907 apart tried switching the back light cables and no go. The monitor turns on and the power light just flashes from blue to green over and over. after playing with it for an hour or so.. I figured out, if I unplug the cable from the video input board to the lcd screen and turn it on the backlights come on, then if I plug that cable back in while powered on the monitor works fine! Until you unplug it, and then the flashing starts again. If I unplug cable from video board to lcd and power back on back lights work, and plug cable back into lcd monitor works again! I would live with this as a fix, but if the power goes out.. I hav to take the monitor apart again just to do this. Any idea?

TRENDING THREADS