[SOLVED] OpenVPN setup

Sep 21, 2020
Heloo,
I need help in configuring OpenVPN, deployed by PiVPN.
I need settup in which my router will see device as connected on router locally by cable/wireless and obtian IP from router not OpenVPN subnet?
Is this called bridge mode?

Last edited:
Solution
The only way I know to do this is to vpn again over the vpn to get a local IP assignment or just remote control a local system and use it since it has a local IP.
Sep 21, 2020
I need openVPN to put me in "bridge" or whatever it is called, so I dont go to subnet of openVPN. I would like to be in my homes router subnet and show on router like Im cable connected to it. I dont know how to explain better, but this must be "bridge". So instead of openVPNs subnet 10.0.10.X I be in my own network subnet 192.168.0.X like im sitting in my server rom/ rom and router to see me like im cable directly connected to it. Sorry on bad English

I know little about that program but it is all based on linux and you should be able to change the IP.

Are you trying to access your lan network remotely from say the internet. There are many technical reasons why a different subnet is used for machines that are remote. This quickly gets into the need to understand what the terms layer 2 and layer 3 network actually mean. In short there are restrictions with the vpn. Even though you have 10.x.x.x IP assigned when you are remote you can still access the 192.x.x.x ip addresses. You just have to key in the IP address to access them.

Sep 21, 2020
Yes I need Bridge, and need it for maintaining other devices with certificate. When I tried last time I was not able to access my network even if everything is "mapped" via IP not by hostname but id does not matter. I would like full bridge or atleast subnet 192.168.3.X /24 and all my devices use 192.168.0.1/24 + one guest acces point which use 192.168.2.0/24