Opera browser wrecked my fonts?

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have been running IE6 on Win2K/SP2 without a glitch since it was released. For something different, it tried the latest version of Opera browser. For unimportant reasons (okay, it's slow & I hated it), I uninstalled Opera. Now all my fonts are screwed when I view the pages with IE6. The fonts are tiny & barely legible.

Some internet shortcuts that I had pasted on my desktop would not work until I set IE6 to "Check to see if it is the default browser", now they work. But this font problem is driving me crazy. I even went into the registry & deleted the Opera folder, but it didn't help.

If I go to <b>Tools</b> > <b>Internet Options</b> > <b>General</b> > <b>Fonts</b> > The fonts are listed as:

Language Script > Latin Based
Webpage Font > Times New Roman
Plain Text Font > Courier New

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have you tried repairing the browser? Often, you can "attempt" to remove Internet Explorer with Add/Remove Programs, and there will be an option to repair the installation, as well as remove it.

There should also be a sub-directory called Windows Update Setup Files under the WINNT folder. Inside, you should find ie6setup.exe, which when run, should also give you the option of reinstalling the browser components, or repairing the the installation with the components already on the hard drive.

Hopefully, the repair process can replace the fonts, if they are still in the WINNT/Font folder.

Toejam31

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847</A>

<font color=purple>"Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."</font color=purple>

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am officially retarded. Opera must have changed the text size. I just went to <b>View</b> > <b>Text Size</b> > Problem solved. Sheeessh!

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.