DarkLightFX

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Hey all,
So to start off this question is related to:
- Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Operating Systems (OS)
- Installation

So I bought my computer pre-built and the guy put this disc which acted as a boot and displayed multiple Operating systems such as; Vista, 7, 7 ultimate.
I asked for Ultimate and he installed it and it didn't ask for a key and then he went. In my computer properties it displays my Product ID: OEM-Example-Example-Example e.c.t And it says it's a genuine version of Windows and I've need had any problems. How does he have multiple Operating systems on one disc and he didn't have to input a product ID?

To the main problem. I am looking to install a SSD to my system and make it my Windows Drive (C:). To do so I'll need to re-install the operating system. Is there anyway I can use the current one installed and 'move' it to the SSD. Or will I need to purchase a new OS. So here are my questions...

1) How did he have a disc with multiple Operating Systems and the installation did not ask for a Product Key and apparently is a 'genuine' version

2) Is there a way I can install a SSD and make it my Windows Drive (C:) and move my Operating system to it without needing to purchase a new OS.

Many thanks for your time and I appreciate all comments. Hope you can help, thanks :)

DarkLightFX

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
So if i burn the .iso to a disc could I use it to re-install and would it be a multiple use?

DarkLightFX

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

What's an OEM installation

there are ways to pull the cd key off your computer (google it) but you will have to download the .iso of the exact os you have to reinstall the os on your ssd. Unless he payed big bucks for each one of those os's on the disk then its illegale what he's doing. each one of those os's are for system builders so they dont have to call MS to get keys everytime they install an os. You most likly wont be able to pull a key off your computer and if you do it might not work to reinstall the os.

USAFRet

Titan

No, you can't use a key on multiple machines at the same time. But yours appears to be an OEM key, and can't be used again anyway (assuming this is Windows 7).

"In my computer properties it displays my Product ID: OEM-Example-Example-Example "

DarkLightFX

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013