Operating system not found - Acer - after factory reset

Alexis97

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Good day to you all!

My girlfriend has an ACER Travelmate Laptop...
On a random day it randomly didnt start up and said, tablet display not found or something like that. Then when I tried save mode etc... it has an new error. Server config not found (I thought it was). Then I tried auto restore and actually all the options that it gave me (it said it could not do it). My last try was the Full factory reset. It started, I was so happy for her that I did it. (Im also kinda a pc geek) But then at around 15 - 20 % It also crashed and said that it could not do the tastk. Then it says operating system not found. So I tried reinstalling windows via a usb and also in the bios selected USB hub as priority 1. But it still says Operating system not found.
What to do?

Lutfij

Titan
You mean Safe Mode :) Can you please specify the model number for your Travelmate notebook? There are numbers ranging from 200 to a 6 digit alphanumeric code. Depending on that you will need to update your BIOS and in the meantime recreate your bootable USB installer and try reinstalling your OS. I would, however, ask you to plug the USB installer into an available USB2.0 port(since I can't tell if you have USB3.0 ports) if that is not happening then you may need to remove the notebook's power from the wall outlet and also remove the battery for at least 30 mins. You will need to set Windows Boot Manger as primary boot device with the USB installer as second. If that doesn't work then reverse it, having USB installer first and then Windows Boot Manager as second.

Might I ask what your OS was on the Travelmate? Windows 7/8/8.1 or did it come with Windows 10 installed?