Question Operating System Not Found

Sep 5, 2019
I just upgraded my build to a Ryzen 3600 and Radeon Rx 5700 xt. After getting all the connection correct my computer boots up, but says operating system not found. My SSD also does not show up as a boot option, and that’s where all my boot info and OS is. I have a AB350 Gaming 3 MB with bios f40, allowing Gen3 processors.

If you change motherboard, then be prepared to reinstall OS.

Trying to avoid reinstall can result in:
unbootable system because of boot mode compatibility between old and new systems,​
performance issues/bsods because of incompatible hardware,​
windows activation issues.​
So it's better just to reinstall.

Sep 5, 2019
If you change motherboard, then be prepared to reinstall OS.

Trying to avoid reinstall can result in:
unbootable system because of boot mode compatibility between old and new systems,​
performance issues/bsods because of incompatible hardware,​
windows activation issues.​
So it's better just to reinstall.
I didn’t change the motherboard, it’s the same one. Should I reinstall anyways, and how would I go about doing that

Sep 5, 2019
If you had changed only cpu and gpu, then it would boot up without any issue (if cpu is supported, that is).
You must have done something additional - BIOS reset, added additional storage devices or something else.
The cpu is supported as far as I know. My guess is my ssd got disconnected somewhere or I reset my bios somehow. What would I have to do if my bios reset?
Also I believe I connected my gpu to a sata cable and a 6 pin, if that terminology is correct, and was wondering if that could have affected anything. It didn’t work until I did that.

Sep 5, 2019
I upgraded my gpu and cpu for my computer, when it boots up it goes in bios because my ssd isnt working, and thats where my os is. So i tried a clean install of windows to see if it might show up then, but it doesnt. It went from working to not working in 2 hours, and I didnt even touch it.

TRENDING THREADS