Operating system restore with disc, missing drivers/software

havingfunwithfire

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hello,
I was trying to completely restore my system using factory discs. I upgraded my ProBook 4525s from 32 to 64 bit. because of all the problems I've been having, I tried putting on the 32 bit version again... well somehow I'm miss a whole lot of stuff. I'm not super computer savy, but figured that i've bdone it in the past, I can do it again. Well the first thing I noticed is that my wireless isn't working. So I go to HP website and try and download some different drivers. Nothing is working and when I try to open and install anything downloaded it doesn't work properly. Went to update my bios and it needs F.0A which I can't download because I don't have a burning software that is compatible. Why I need to burn something to disc when I want to download it directly I don't understand... I dunno. not sure where to go from here.

Are you in Windows (7?) or at a dos-type prompt?
First-off, you can't "upgrade" or do an upgrade to 64-bit; It wipes out everything that you had on there and starts fresh....thus the drivers and configuration for wireless. If he drivers are installed, then you should just need to configure the actual connection to your wireless router.

If you can hook it up to an actual wired connection as opposed to the wireless, that would help you to get the wireless setup. You might be able to get Windows Update to find the wireless drivers or go to the laptop manufacturer's website to download.

do you know which wireless card it has? I can't tell because on the HP website, it lists a few different wireless cards and brands.