Operation cancelled due to restrictions

tlowe65

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
I tried to allow permission for the other account on my Win 7 comp to use programs that are installed to my account. I used MMC to set permissions and now all programs are restricted. Windows runs as normal, but I cant run regedit or MMC or any other program. I only get the error that the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions. This happens on both accounts. My account is an administrator account. If anyone can offer help i would greatly appreciate it. My next step otherwise is to ditch windows and install linux.

Solution

You can also just re-install Windows and not mess with permissions, and install programs using "install for all users" option. Trying to "fix" things that are not actually broken is the best way to break more...

You can also just re-install Windows and not mess with permissions, and install programs using "install for all users" option. Trying to "fix" things that are not actually broken is the best way to break more things. Linux is not the solution here really, it's like saying "I'm doing to ditch motorcycles and just drive cars" because you tried to ride without knowing how and crashed. You can easily do the same thing in Linux with user permissions, just need a different command to break it ;)

Solution