Opinion needed on psu and video graphics card !

LIQMAN007

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2013
I'm currently looking for a psu and vg card for my HP Envy h8-1414 pc.
Are these compatible ?
I checked on the price of the Corsair CX 430 ($39.99) very reasonable priced but would you recommend the Antec ATX12V 450W($38.24) as a better alternative?. I would rather put the time and money into the psu to get the best graphics card for my budget.
I know very little about the various graphic cards on the market, so if don't mind answer these few questions;
Is a Galaxy Geforce GTX 650 GC 1GB ($114.00 and $94.00 after mail-in rebate) or the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650 Ti ($129.99) the best card for my money and if not what's your recommendation to keep my budget around $150-$175?
Once I have these two items in hand how difficult is the power supply to change out?
I've installed graphics cards before but I've heard that windows 8 causes probs. in the installation of the driver software, Is this true?
Last question, will the installation of these two devices be worth my time and money? (Are the graphic details going to be much more enhanced?)

Solution
I can't really help you much. I'm trying to upgrade myself. As for Windows 8 causing problems the only thing you need to worry about is the UEFI. They've added a feature called secure boot which is supposed to protect your HDD from being corrupted by a virus but really all it does is get in the way of you changing out your hardware. What you'll have to do is turn it off and enable legacy mode. It's fairly easy, just follow these steps:
1: Go to the change pc settings
2: Go to General
3: Scroll down to Advanced Startup
4: Troubleshoot
5: Advanced Options
6:UEFI Firmware Settings
7:Restart
8:Computer Setup
9: Security
10: Secure Boot Configuration ( they will give you a big red warning sign that says if you proceed your computer may not...

x3P1C_PH1Lx

Honorable
May 17, 2013
I can't really help you much. I'm trying to upgrade myself. As for Windows 8 causing problems the only thing you need to worry about is the UEFI. They've added a feature called secure boot which is supposed to protect your HDD from being corrupted by a virus but really all it does is get in the way of you changing out your hardware. What you'll have to do is turn it off and enable legacy mode. It's fairly easy, just follow these steps:
1: Go to the change pc settings
2: Go to General
3: Scroll down to Advanced Startup
4: Troubleshoot
5: Advanced Options
6:UEFI Firmware Settings
7:Restart
8:Computer Setup
9: Security
10: Secure Boot Configuration ( they will give you a big red warning sign that says if you proceed your computer may not boot. Proceed anyway. I have video proof that your computer will not shut down. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElzvaL96cw0)
11: Using the arrow keys go to secure boot and turn it on or off using the right or left arrow keys. In this case turn it off.
12: If you want you can enable Legacy mode. I'm not sure what it does but I think it's a compatibility mode. I turned it on.
13: Press F10 to accept.
14: go to file and selct save changes and exit. Your pc will restart and you should now be able to change your hardware accordingly.

Solution