Question Opinion of Restoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I tooth

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
What is your opinion of the App Restoro?
Finding any bad issues with it?
Does it do what it says it will do?

Thank you in advance?

Frankly....never heard of it.

My browser won't even open the Restoro website.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/restoro

Above is a "review"....don't know if it is unbiased.

TechRadar Verdict

"Restoro is a system optimization tool that’s helpful for all PC users. It simplifies the process of protecting your computer from malware and optimizing it to perform maximally at all times."

Whatever that means.

Apparently, is 30 bucks or so a year.

My guess is that most here would tell you it is unnecessary even if harmless.

Sep 17, 2022
Generally software(s) like registry cleaners and the like as well as this program that claim to "fix" the issues of your PC should be avoided at all times. They can even sometimes be classified as PuPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs). If you have an issue with Windows, it's always best to either use the built-in tools or do it yourself.

USAFRet

Titan
ok, do you want to give a reason?
The "system optimization" tools rarely do anything good, that you cannot do for yourself.

But often, they are far too aggressive in what they do.

Turning things off, leaving other things on, changing Registry settings that do NOT need to be changed.

I rarely/almost never see a better result from using one of those, and frequently see a bad result.

They exist not to make your PC run better, but to generate clicks, or to sell you the premium version.

Is your system running OK?
If so, then leave it.
If not, we here can probably assist you in getting it running well, without one of those tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.