Discussion Opinion on Build - Discussion

Valencious

Prominent
Jun 11, 2022
Hi!

Since I've just finished planning my Desktop-PC-Build, I'd be amazed to hear some advice/opinions on this build (as it's my first one). Hope this will be a friendly & great discussion, since I love to hear opinions from other people.

The Specs:
CASE: DC Matrexx 70 3f
MOBO: B550-F Gaming (No-WIFI)
GPU: ROG Strix LC Radeon™ RX 6900 XT*¹
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X*²
RAM: 32GB, DDR4-3600, CL16-16-16-36 TridentZ
PSU: Corsair RM850X (2021)
AIO: DeepCool Gammaxx L360 ARGB (BLACK)
SSD1: Samsung 980pro 1TB (Games)
SSD2: Crucial P2 1TB (Boot/SW)
WCARD: GC-WBAX210
---
[Please tell me if I forgot something]
---
*¹ I got the GPU for 500€ off a friend (used 3 times or so)
*² Got it for 200€ off the same friend (still boxed)
! Repost because of wrong Prefix !

Hi!

Since I've just finished planning my Desktop-PC-Build, I'd be amazed to hear some advice/opinions on this build (as it's my first one). Hope this will be a friendly & great discussion, since I love to hear opinions from other people.

The Specs:
CASE: DC Matrexx 70 3f
MOBO: B550-F Gaming (No-WIFI)
GPU: ROG Strix LC Radeon™ RX 6900 XT*¹
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X*²
RAM: 32GB, DDR4-3600, CL16-16-16-36 TridentZ
PSU: Corsair RM850X (2021)
AIO: DeepCool Gammaxx L360 ARGB (BLACK)
SSD1: Samsung 980pro 1TB (Games)
SSD2: Crucial P2 1TB (Boot/SW)
WCARD: GC-WBAX210
---
[Please tell me if I forgot something]
---
*¹ I got the GPU for 500€ off a friend (used 3 times or so)
*² Got it for 200€ off the same friend (still boxed)
! Repost because of wrong Prefix !
Looks good. except for SSD use, I would use Samsung for OS and games, It's much (x3) faster where it counts.

Reactions: Valencious
What would be your opinion on getting a 970 evo plus for OS etc? Would it still be slower or would it be fine?
In order of speed
Samsung 980 Pro is fastest as it is PCIe v4 and about 2 times faster than 970 Evo Plus but 970 is plenty fast too, doubt you'd see much difference and is twice as fast as Crucial P2 1TB.
So it makes most sense to use faster (of 2) for Windows and programs/games that can benefit of higher performance. Windows for sure do so do games that do a lot of reading and writing and those are usually ones with large maps.
There is an often overlooked benefit from faster disks beside fast file transfer and BOOT times and that is less load on the rest of system and when there is it lasts shorter time.
Windows (and whole system with it) benefit most because they always use disk for reading and writing in the background, mostly swapping memory to disk or filling up cache etc. On fast systems it's little or no noticeable but lesser ones can be impacted quite a bit.

Reactions: Valencious

Valencious

Prominent
Jun 11, 2022
In order of speed
Samsung 980 Pro is fastest as it is PCIe v4 and about 2 times faster than 970 Evo Plus but 970 is plenty fast too, doubt you'd see much difference and is twice as fast as Crucial P2 1TB.
So it makes most sense to use faster (of 2) for Windows and programs/games that can benefit of higher performance. Windows for sure do so do games that do a lot of reading and writing and those are usually ones with large maps.
There is an often overlooked benefit from faster disks beside fast file transfer and BOOT times and that is less load on the rest of system and when there is it lasts shorter time.
Windows (and whole system with it) benefit most because they always use disk for reading and writing in the background, mostly swapping memory to disk or filling up cache etc. On fast systems it's little or no noticeable but lesser ones can be impacted quite a bit.
Ohh alright. Thanks for the Answer!