[SOLVED] Opinion on Geforce 1660 Super for an Intel I7 7700

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Would a Geforce 1660 Super Bottleneck an Intel I7 7700, I'll be upgrading from a Geforce 1050 2GB ((soon as i get the money for the newer video card)

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
1080P, 1920x1080, all Monitor supports.

Games
Battlefield 4
American Truck Simulator & Euro Truck Simulator 2
Need For Speed Payback
And Secondlife with 3rd party viewer Firestorm viewer

Is about all the games i play lately

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Ohh forgot one game, Grand Theft Auto V as well lol

And yeah i figured i may end up GPU limited, but im glad not by too much, do plan on trying to save for a future major upgrade in the way future, probably another Intel Processor, or AMD Ryzen depending on how much i can get saved, and go from there---probably another year or two for that aspect by the time i get all the money saved.

Kinda want upper Mid-range to High End for next system/aka more future Proof, When i purchased this Intel I7 7700,

i came from an older AMD FX 8310, Radeon R7 240 video card, 16gb of ram, i was lagging so bad in my games with that older AMD FX system, so when for the highest Intel I7 i could afford then

Last edited:
Ohh forgot one game, Grand Theft Auto V as well lol

And yeah i figured i may end up GPU limited, but im glad not by too much, do plan on trying to save for a future major upgrade in the way future, probably another Intel Processor, or AMD Ryzen depending on how much i can get saved, and go from there---probably another year or two for that aspect by the time i get all the money saved.

Kinda want upper Mid-range to High End for next system/aka more future Proof, When i purchased this Intel I7 7700,

i came from an older AMD FX 8310, Radeon R7 240 video card, 16gb of ram, i was lagging so bad in my games with that older AMD FX system, so when for the highest Intel I7 i could afford then
Next time you try to go future proof, get an unlocked CPU, or a better binned one if you're going ryzen. This means K sku for intel or X sku for ryzen (Assuming the X sku is less than 15 dollars more expensive than its non X counterpart). That way if you really need to draw it out a bit you can overclock it and squeeze some more performance out.
But overall, don't try to future proof too much. An i7/ryzen 7 from one generation will only really last maybe a year longer than an i5/ryzen 5 from the same generation since the difference between generations is significant IPC improvements, which is what games performance rely on the most.