Build Advice Opinion on PC Build, Portable 3d Modeling/Rendering Workstation

borisvdb

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2012
Hi, i wanted some opinions on the parts list I've chosen for an upcoming build, the focus being portability. They're not top of the line specs but on a bit of a budget, picked them out for 3d modeling and rendering, with maybe some gaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

Case: GEEEK A50

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Founders Edition Video Card

I'll pair this all up with a portable monitor, and small keyboard.

I have the storage and PSU already. Thank you for any input.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'd up the RAM to 3200. It seems to be a great sweet spot for Ryzen 3rd Gen at the minute for the price.
Also just remember the B450 board will need a BIOS update before taking the 3600.
What PSU make and model is it?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ah good quality PSU!
Yeah it appears to be the best spot to be, and quite often there are struggles to maintain stability above 3400.
Asides the BIOS update on the board prior to shipping, looks like a good build my friend!

borisvdb

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2012
Thanks for the help! I'll do some research on the BIOS update. I was hoping you would be able to update it through the UEFI somehow but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for the help! I'll do some research on the BIOS update. I was hoping you would be able to update it through the UEFI somehow but that doesn't seem to be the case.
You won't even be able to access BIOS or UEFI without an updated BIOS and compatible CPU. You won't even get a signal.

Only certain boards have a CPU less bios flashback, and that's done directly on the board itself.

You can confirm if the reseller ships it with latest BIOS.

Reactions: borisvdb