Opinion on this build?

Nov 20, 2017
Hello,
Im going to be building a new computer for the summer and would like some opinions for the parts that I have chose

CPU: Ryzen 2600x
GPU: (Undecided yet as i will probably wait for the next release, possibly GTX 1170)
SSD: 1TB
PSU: Corsair 750w bronze
MOBO:MSI X470 GAMING PLUS
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3200mhz
CASE:DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm EARLKASE RGB-ATX Mid

Thoughs would be appreicated! thanks.

Solution
What kind of Corsair PSU? Some Corsair PSUs are crappy and I would have to tell you to stay away from them.

Instead of a 750W bronze (decent quality), I'd rather have a 550W Gold (high quality). 550W would be enough to run even a GTX 1080 Ti.

Again, some PSUs are not as good as others. Just becase they have the same efficiency rating doesn't mean they are the same quality.

I like everything else though in your build. You will need a GPU to run your system though, the Ryzen 5 2600X does not have integrated graphics.
What kind of Corsair PSU? Some Corsair PSUs are crappy and I would have to tell you to stay away from them.

Instead of a 750W bronze (decent quality), I'd rather have a 550W Gold (high quality). 550W would be enough to run even a GTX 1080 Ti.

Again, some PSUs are not as good as others. Just becase they have the same efficiency rating doesn't mean they are the same quality.

I like everything else though in your build. You will need a GPU to run your system though, the Ryzen 5 2600X does not have integrated graphics.

Solution

cold_fuzz

Reputable
Jan 20, 2018

Looks good but 1tb ssds are expensive, might be an idea to go with a 500gb ssd and a 1/2tb hdd for less.

Nov 20, 2017

i guess i was kinda planning on cheaping out on the power supply but ill decide to find something better. And thanks for the tip, I have a gtx 970 that I will use until the new generation of cards will come out

Nov 20, 2017

Yea good point. I decided to get a 500gb instead

Well ask before you buy the power supply. Just because it's Gold rated doesn't mean it's high quality. Some Bronze are better quality than some Gold.