[SOLVED] Opinion on this computer

Solution
I would like to use a new computer for android studio and for some gaming. I have two monitors so I need a video card that can take 2 hdmi cables. my computer at home currently has amd a8-7410 apu with amd radeon r5 with 8 gb of ram. This is not sufficient for android studio and even visual studio. I always thought the more memory the better, but it seems ddr4, the amount doesn't have to be very much. Any suggestions. thanks!

If you're in the US you can get very ncie prebuilts from NZXT https://www.letsbld.com/ . As far as RAM amount, total amount still matters, and it depends on what applications you plan on using.

8GB is usually enough for general purpose and light gaming computers
16GB is enough for light...
Mar 26, 2020
  1. lots of ram. ( do you need ddr4? -- can you get 128 gb or is that over doing it?)
  2. fast processor
  3. 2 video card
  4. ss drive
  5. 2 tb of hardrive,
thanks

why do these computers come with such less ram? Is it a different style? what about having 2 video cards?

That HP is setup as a full on workstation not for home use. Two video cards are not really used anymore, they don't help much in gaming and may be used for processing in software which is probably why that HP has it. Most of the cost of the used HP is in the add-on parts that are no good to anyone trying to use it as a home computer or even a gaming system.

Mar 26, 2020
I would like to use a new computer for android studio and for some gaming. I have two monitors so I need a video card that can take 2 hdmi cables. my computer at home currently has amd a8-7410 apu with amd radeon r5 with 8 gb of ram. This is not sufficient for android studio and even visual studio. I always thought the more memory the better, but it seems ddr4, the amount doesn't have to be very much. Any suggestions. thanks!

If you're in the US you can get very ncie prebuilts from NZXT https://www.letsbld.com/ . As far as RAM amount, total amount still matters, and it depends on what applications you plan on using.

8GB is usually enough for general purpose and light gaming computers
16GB is enough for light workstation and gaming computers
32GB is good for moderate to heavy workstations
64GB and up is good for heavy workstations

Or if you want to build your own let us know and we can give you a parts list.

Solution