[SOLVED] Opinion on this Ebay buy..

Nov 7, 2018
So I saw that someone was selling a GTX 980 but apparently, it doesn't work. According to the seller, it does not display at all. So I took a gamble and decided to bet on it. I won hoping maybe it would be an easy fix. I plan to use it on an SLI config because I already have a gtx 980 on my current rig. So trying to figure out what's wrong with it based on looking at the pictures, I noticed these unusual spots on the back of the PCB. Not sure if it's either rust or corrosion. The seller placed odd stickers with arrows indicating the spots so I am really hoping it isn't too bad to fix. Please Help!! :??:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Solution
I wouldnt abuse ebays buyer protection for something like that, it was clearly listed (and photographed) as non operational.
You can contact the seller for a return if they are feeling generous, but there is no chance for that card.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Since that area also is directly underneath the gpu processor, I'd say they oc'd it to the wall with max voltages and current, ran it super hot in long gaming sessions, and dumped the board when it quit.

You bought a non repairable gpu, it's thoroughly fried. The discoloration, pitting, warping of the protective coating says everything.

I wouldnt abuse ebays buyer protection for something like that, it was clearly listed (and photographed) as non operational.
You can contact the seller for a return if they are feeling generous, but there is no chance for that card.

Solution